A comprehensive software suite for reading barcodes.
ZBar is an open source software suite for reading bar codes
from various sources, such as video streams, image files and raw
intensity sensors. It supports many popular symbologies
(types of bar codes) including EAN-13/UPC-A, UPC-E, EAN-8, Code
128, Code 39, Interleaved 2 of 5 and QR Code.
Includes libraries and applications for decoding captured barcode images
and using a video device (eg, webcam) as a barcode scanner.
The flexible, layered implementation facilitates bar code
scanning and decoding for any application: use it stand-alone with
the included GUI and command line programs, easily integrate a
bar code scanning widget into your Qt, GTK+ or PyGTK GUI
application, leverage one of the script or programming interfaces
(Python, Perl, C++) …all the way down to a streamlined C library
suitable for embedded use.
- Automated document processing
- Inventory tracking
- Mobile applications
- cross platform – Linux/Unix, Windows, iPhone®, embedded…
- high speed – real time scanning from video streams
- small memory footprint
- small code size – the core scanner and EAN decoder represent
under 1K lines of C code
- not limited to images
- no floating point operations
- suitable for embedded applications using inexpensive
- modular components can be used together or separately